Gossip

A woman from the South writes, "I need your prayers.  I have been labeled something I am not because of vicious gossip.  Pray that I can find a way to combat this untruth."

Abraham Lincoln came under heavy attack while he was President and was reviled by many leaders of the day.  In response to all the things he was called, Lincoln posed this question:  "How many legs does a lamb have if you call its tail a leg?"  His answer was "Four, because calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one."

When you are maligned - and everyone is at one time or another - your best defense is the life you live.  If you are honest, fair, just, those who know you will speak on your behalf.  What others say won't matter.  Don't let others damage your self-esteem if their charges are without foundation.  Ask for God's grace to strengthen you and go forward with your head held high.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Could Only Become a Bird

Recognizing Jesus